Effects of different dashas depend on
- inherent qualities of the planet( naisargik shubhashubha)
- qualities determined by ownership(adipatya)
- Five fundamental principles(panchasidhdhanta)
Planet which is a benefic according following eight factors will extend good results in its period:
- Natural benefic
- placement in benefic sign
- Benefic by ownership
- Ruler of benefic star from janmaNakshatra
- Shubha varga
- Motion towards exaltation
Planets which is malefic according to the following eight points will give negative results:
- Natural malefic
- inimical and debilitation sign
- Heliacal setting(astangata)
- Malefic due to ownership
- Ruler of evil star from janma star
- Malefic in trines and angles
- moving towards debilitation.
Rasis , navamsa and the lord of the star in which malefic is placed becomes malefic and yield evil results.
Rasis , navamsa and the lord of the star in which benefic is placed becomes benefic and yield good results.