- Dhooma [Sun + 133’20]
- Vyatipata [Dhooma + 53’20]
- Parivesha [Vyatipata + 180] Parivesha is also called as Paridhi.
- Chapa [Paridhi – 53’20] Chapa is also called as Indra Dhanus
- Dhwaja [Chapa + 16’40] Dhwaja is also called as Upaketu or Sikhi
- Gulika A day divided into eight portions ,eighth is gulika
- Pranapada [Pranapada varies with the birth time . birth time /15 +sun] if it is in 2,5 9 ,10,11,4 from lagna ,person born is auspicious else inauspicious.
These are all upagrahas ,aprakash graha they can never be conjuct Sun ,however they can afflict sun ,moon or ascendant.
- when with sun ,native’s dynasty will not grow.[loss of sons]
- when with moon natives’ knowledge will be destroyed[mental afflictions]
- when with ascendant one’s longevity is afflicted.[short life is indicated]
- the portions of Sun in a day is known as Kala
- the portions of Mars in a day is known as Mrityu
- the portions of Mercury in a day is known as Ardhaprahar
- the portions of Jupiter in a day is known as Yamagantaka
- the portions of Saturn in a day is known as Gulika