- A benefic in the sixth house turns ones enemies into friends.
- A malefic there will be conflict with the enemies.
- sixth is upachaya sthana thus the saying that ,ripu roga and runa shesha should not be entertained , as being upachaya sthana ,it grows/multiplies again.
What was the enmity between Pandavas and Kauravas?
- Dhruthrashtra was a blind man ,though elder he could not be made a King .
- Pandu wins over entire Bharat varsha and then retires to forest .
- Dhritarashtra is made caretaker King.
- Now son born to Dhritarashtra cannot be made King.
- Kunti’s son were born in forest and Pandu had died in the forest.
- Yudhisthira had to be given back his kingdom.
- Dhuryodhana refuses to give him his kingdom .
- This can be called as greed of power ,evil duryodhana out of greed for power nurtured enmity with Pandavas.
So entire Mahabharath is a struggle for power/throne between two brothers! NO.
This happens in any story , what qualifies this story into according it a status of epic. Why it was necessary for God SriKrishna to come down to earth to side with Pandavas and get Duryodhana killed ? ONLY to give him his Kingdom.
God could have forgiven Duryodhan for such folly or infatuation of power[ every person ordinary can have such fascination] and hermits as Yudhisthira was , he could have elevated him to heaven for his sacrifice ? why Mahabharath ?
upon that even Pandavas had agreed to shed violence [old as they were 70 years at the time of war , what kingdom could have been enjoyed at that age , it was time for retirement] Arjuna had refused to wage war.
Sri Krishna gave Bhagavadgeetha and then again resumed war.
Why was Sri Krishna so much interested in getting Duryodhana killed?
If the enmity between Pandavas and Kauravas were just for the sake of Kingdom then Mahabharat cannot be termed as epic or pancham veda. There is a whole gamut of philosophy that is hidden in the answers to the above question.
If the philosophy part is omitted then the story seems to be a case of two brothers warring on account of kingdom pleasure and woman named Draupadi. This degrades entire civilization to the level of a culture less tribe where men fight for the sake of cattle and woman. Most of the people who fail to grasp the philosophy or perhaps to augment atheism do often term this epic as a struggle between two tribes . That can be termed as intellectual bankruptcy .
First let us establish that it was not an era where culture was evolving or worst there was no culture and rule were akin to a tribe where might is right.[ Discovery of India assumes these concepts ,unfortunately our text books also derive a lot from these.some historians call it a stone era bronze era etc etc…].
- A culture of a era is exhibited by the qualities of the Individuals present in that era.
- Rules existing in the society at that time.
- Rule of Law , beautification of cities ,architectural marvels ,
- strength and formation of the army .modes of communication, weaponry .
- Religion rituals and general well being of the people and wealth ,trade and commerce.
- Culture And Individuals
- Bheeshma sacrificed his stake for kingdom for the sake of his Father’s happiness ,to the extent he swore to remain a celibate all through his life.
- He was bestowed death at will [science] , one can bestow such boons only when himself is capable of such feat , ie even Shantanu had death at will power .
- When individual had excellent virtues and a great art of defying death ,can that be called cultureless or nomadic .
- we are still struggling today to find medicines for simple diseases [ death at will is milkyway away]
- So that culture was higher than ours and highest at any point in history.
- Many learnt vidya in forests under rishis . People were safer and saner even in forest [ today only wild animals are found in forests]
- Eklavya approaches Drona ,shows even a tribesman like eklavya had access to highest priest of ruling class .
- Karna is made King by duryodhana , even a commoner could aspire to become king through his qualities.
- Vidura is minister of Dhritarashtra ,though born to a slave , he is accorded ministership.
- Game of dice was opposed tooth and nail by many in the presence of King
- Draupadi asks questions on law of the land to the King
- Not only woman were educated but their voices were heard in the court of Law .
- Architecture of each palace outwits todays’ efforts
- Mayasabha is a unrivalled masterpiece.
- Army was collected from far east ,china ,eurasia etc shows global control
- Kaal yavan [ means from Greek] was summoned to fight Krishna
- Arjuna marrying ladies from Tripura Manipur shows communication of a high quality
- Arjuna upsets all the army except BHeeshma shows pinpointed weaponry of high control and command
- Arjuna brings out sweet water from the ground to quench Bheeshma’s thirst by his arrows[weaponry]
- Every hour a 800 crores of arrows were shot .
- 808 loads of carriages of weapons arrived every hour to each chariot in the warfield.
- they had a bulbs fitted to elephants which illuminated by the lunar power[ we have solar cells] in the night.
- Yudhisthira performed rajsuya and Ashwamedha yagnya [religion]
- srikrishna was prayed everywhere ,
- 20kgs of gold was donated everyday ,
- Syamantak mani was a precious stone mentioned
- crores of cows were donated
- people ate in silver vessels
- every house had its own storage of butter , a potfull of butter [unimaginable these days]
with all these facts recorded in a history which has survived 5000 years cannot brushed aside as a cultureless and nomadic society . Mahabharth era was a cultural Peak in India.
Now in such a peak era why did this happen ? what can be made out of enmity between the two sides.
Mahabharath is about those who hate God and those who are devoted to God.
Mahabharath is about atheism versus theism.and the role God plays between them.
Mahabharath is about Truth and Sin and Liberation.
Mahabharath is about eternal enmity between Good[ Devatas] and Evil [Rakshasas]
Mahabharath is the zoom on the thin line that exists between DHARMA AND DHARMASOOKSHMA
Duryodhana hated Srikrishna ,because Pandavas were his devotees he hated them.Kingdom was only an excuse for him to advance his hate. He expressed his hate towards Pandavas to challenge God, to provoke him ,his intentions were to prove himself greater than Srikrishna , he did not consider Srikrishna as God.
God had given him all the resources . He made him to keep his kingdom for almost all his life. He ruled for 70 years. God allowed him to keep his kingdom and give Pandavas only barren lands , which they turned into beautiful Indraprastha .
They won the entire world and amassed all the pleasure , which God allowed Duryodhan to enjoy by deciet.[ he could have never got them through war but through dice].
In the earlier era when Rakshasas and Devatas fought , everytime Vishnu came to the help of Devatas and fought along to defeat the Rakshasas . Or He came down as Rama, Parashurama etc and killed them all.
So Rakshasas thought ” if only Vishnu did not participate , We would finish off all the Devatas”.
To disprove them this time Srikrishna chose not to fight.
He empowered Duryodhana with
- Bheeshma [ death at will]means cannot die.
- Ashwaththama [ immortal] cannot die
- Kripacharya [ immortal] cannot die
- Dronacharya[ invincible] cannot be defeated
- Karna [ kavach kundal] cannot die.
- Bhargavdatta [ possess Vaishnav astra that cannot be stopped] means always victory
- Kritavarma [ ON a given day of his choice he cannot be defeated ,boon by SriKrishna]
- Bhurishravas [ as long as he holds his sword , none can defeat him]
- Alamaban Alambusa [can assume any shape and size and be invisible during fight]
- Jayadrath [ can defeat anybody as per his wish on a given day]
- Balhika [can choose his death blowing opponent]
- Shakuni [can create illusions and possesed deadly poisons that could burn whole earth]
- Shalya [could not be defeated in a arm to arm combat]
- 10 lakh sons of srikrishna and Yadava army
- Almost double the army [11 akhouhini]from entire world.
- 99 brothers
- himself Suyodhana[ having entire body immortal except thighs]
- ********No fight Promise from Sri Krishna***************
Even with all these factors aiding him [4 deathless warriors and rest invincible] ,
Pandavas having lesser number of army , all mortals .
Just beacuse they had grace of SRIKRISHNA and Kauravas did not have Grace of GOD , they still got wiped off .
Evil however powerful it may be , Truthful however weak it may be can overcome evil only by the grace of GOD.
NO one can triumph without grace of GOD even if he has all the boons of the world and immortality.
Faith in God alone can give us triumph in the life called Mahabharath.