GURURAYAR PAdodaka – water which has touched the feet of RAYARU ….
When Chakravarti BALi agreed to grant three steps of land to Lord VAMAN … VAMAN [ a dwarf avatara ] of VISHNU instantly turned into a gigantic multidimensional Avatara of Vishnu namely TRIVIKRAMA ,,, Shri Trivikrama when he raised his foot to cover entire antariksha …. his feet went high above the Bramha loka and touched the edge of BRAMHANDA above …His toe as it pierced the BRAMHANDA Kharpara , SHUDDHODAKA [ APATATVA] water that prevails outside Bramhanda rushed inside the Bramhanda from the crack that appeared in the BRAMHANDA outer cover due to Toe of VISHNU …
As the water rushed inside , it brushed past the feet [ washing it along ] of LORD TRIVIKRAMA and flew like a river into the BRAMHANDA in various LOKAS … This river came to be known as GANGA …
Just Because it has originated from the feet of LORD VISHNU it is PADODAKA of VISHNU and is very sacred for this reason …
Various other rivers are also sacred for other reasons … These rivers purify the person who takes bath in it .. it cleanses them of their sins if one takes bath or touches it or simply remembers them in heart ..
On a special occasion these give immense PUNYA … if someone takes bath three times a day everyday . his punya is seamless .. there cannot be any other punya equal to it ….
2. But taking water after washing a feet of Veda bramhana is supposed to give more punya then trikaal snana in the rivers like GANGA and others ..
3. The originator of GANGA and desireless LORD Krishna has aptly demonstrated this in RAJSOOYA yagnya in Mahabharat by washing the feet of bramhins himself and sprinkling it on his head … thus sowing the importance of Bramhana Padodaka ..
4. Bahagavat also says ” teerthe kurvanti teerthani swatmasthena gadabrutha ” that even GANGA and other teerthas rivers also become pure by the touch of those bramhins who always are engrossed in the dhyana of SHRIHARI …
5. The Brundavana of RAYARU has sannidhi of all the DEVATAS from BRAMHA to Agni ..It has 700 saligramas and also all the nadi abhimani devatas are present in it .. The water when poured over it for Abhisheka gets the sparsha of all rivers making it equivalent to all rivers .. along the way it touches the feet of HAYAGREEVA and all the other devatas … making it even more sacred … finally It washes the feet of Sri RAGHAVENDRA who is ever engrossed in SHRIMAN MOOLRAMA and hence it is even most sacred enough to purify GANGA herself …[ that is the reason why RAYARU himself is known as RAGHAVENDRATEERTHA as it purifies teerthas themselves the saint is teertha himself ]
so also as per BAHGAVATA vachan it is conclusive RAYARY Padodaka is sacred and manifold times imparting punya than trikaal snana sandhya in the river GANGA and other rivers all through the life ….
There are three types of TAPA [ kashta , difficulties, miseries etc ] .
- AADHYATMIK Tapa
- AADHIBHOUTIK Tapa
- AADHIDAIVIK Tapa
- The diseases and difficulties arising inside the body are known as Adhyatmik tapa
- The difficulties like dog bite , donkey kicks , accidents are Adhibhoutik tapa these are external to body
- The difficulties arising due to excess rains tsunami famine earthquakes etc are adhidaivik tapa
Again these tapas are of two kinds the above mentioned are malevolent tapas … these can be benvolent as well …benevolent tapas are
- The difficulties experienced during Upavas like EKADASHI etc is Adhyatmik tapa
- the difficulties during panchagni tapasya etc are Adhibhoutik tapa
- The difficulties caused by Devatas to Rantidev , Harishchandra etc are Adhidaivik tapa
These later tapas result in the purification of mind and finally lead to MOKSHA ..These are Uttamatapatraya.. The opposite to these are known as DUSHTATAPATRAYA.
The dustapatraya of devotees are destroyed by the sevana [ by sprinkling drinking of ] Rayar PADODAKA ..
THere are many types of VANDHYA – [ women having no children ] ..
- some do not conceive early ..
- some frequently undergo miscarriages
- some give rise still-born baby again and again
- some give birth to one child and then stop conceiving
- Some get children after long time late in their life
- Some absolve the sins of previous life or janmantar sins by prayashchittas like HARIVANSHA purana shravana etc and then conceive and get birth of child .
- Some get children after prayaschitta [ vrata niyama upavasa japa homa havana etc] and medicines [ ayurveda ]
- Some do not get children even after all the above …
- the last one is known as MAHAVANDHYA ..
This MAHAVANDHYA too if they take with utmost devotion everyday without fail the padodaka of SHRIRAGHAVENDRA will get a son [ MAHAVANDHYA suputraprado ] not just a son but an able UTTAMA putra ..
Some are handicapped by birth due to previous life sins .. some become handicapped by the sins in this very life ..All these people if they partake Padodaka will get their sins destroyed and regain their organs limbs etc … EVen if there are defects in the body or they will get resolved by regular sevan of PAdodaka ..They will be very strong and work ably thereafter .. [ those who feel shy of their personalities due to inabilities low confidence stammering vikruti etc all of them will benefit with optimum praiseworthy qualities by regularly taking the padodaka ]
If the tapatrayas are experienced out of bad placements of planets [ astangata neecha khala kopa vikala deena avasthas ] like shani mangal rahu ketu surya etc … or if the miseries are owing to BRAMHAHATYA abhichara , etc or due to some MAHAPATAKA terrible sins attacking again and again onto us[ grahamahapapaapahastam shraye ] .. all these difficulties will get destroyed by the PADODAKA of our Guru Shri Raghavendra