Sri Hayagreevaya Namaha
ESSENTIALS OF DURGA POOJA
1. Upasana Moorty
[Choose one] or all three
2. Durga Kavach
3. Argala Stotra
5. Navaarna Vidhi – Matrika Nyasa Dhyaan Japa 
6. Ratri Sukta
7. Charitra Traya Nyasa -Kara Nyasa Anganyasa Dhyaan
8. Prathama Charitra
9. Madhyam Charitra
10. Uttama Charitra [Uttama Pakhsha Is Saraswati Pooja]
11. Devisukta [Rigved]
12. Rahasya Traya
• Moorti Rahasya
13. Aparadh Kshamapana.
The three Rupas of Upasana of DURGA are
1. Chandi- this is Vishnu Maya Rupa, it can also be taken as Umahyamavati which gave Mokshopadesha to Indra in Kenopanishat– Vajseney Sanhita if you are following then this upasana becomes that of Rudra Sahodari, if Aitereya Upasana is to be done than this is Bhuvaneshwari and lord of night. rupa – ten heads
2. Mahalakshmi [ Ambhrani ] colour is RED 18 arms 18 weapons- Mahishasur Mardini Rupa
3. Saraswati — param satvik, 8 arms.This upasana is for brahmanas it is of fair colour very bright Shumbh Nishumbh sanhaara.
Devi can also be done upasana in following rupas:– Vidhwansini, Raktadantika Shatakshi, Shaakambari, Durga Bheema Bhramari. Another form of upasana is of Durga Upavasa on Ashtami and reciting Durga Gayatri, Durga Utsav, Navaratri, Durga Ashtottar, Durga Sahasra Naam & Durga Katha Shravana.
Durga-upasana is the one upasanas, which puts an end to agyana and vipareeta gyana, those who do not do Durga Upasana it can be safely assumed [without a doubt] that they have vipareeta gyana. Durga sadhana is the ultimate point in moxa sadhana. Any work undertaken without praying to Durga will result in some kind of asamaadhaan. Even Arjun and Yudhisthir worshipped Durga before starting of Mahabharata war.
Before Ravan Samhaara Rama, before Tripura Samhaara Shiva and to get over Durvasa Shaapa even Indra worshipped Durga. This is very important to note.
3. Sankalpa For All 13 Steps given
4. Ganapati Prarthana
5. Deepa, Stahpana, Panchopachaara, Pooja Prarathana
6. Saraswati Pooja – Keep Sarvamoola Grantha and recite Mantra “Om Namah Pisachinyi,” and Namo Devai Mantra, Avahayami, and do Panchopachaar Pooja to Sarvamoola Granthas
7. Shapodhdhara Mantra Japa
8. Utkeelan Mantra Japa
9. Choosing right tithi for parayana:-
• Navartari is also good
One must do Durga Patha when one has bad dream, shanti karma, graha peedha, upadrava, civil war, agni karya balidaan pooja- Parayana must be done.
10. Kavach – one must do Parikalpana of Navadurga or Saptamartruka in the Beejakashar and then do aradhana. This gives dharmasadhan (i.e. cleanliness to start the parayana), shubha, mrityu nivarana, dushta shakti, abhichara vishabadha mukti & kavach is important as it increases satva guna.
11. Argala Stotra –one must do parayan only after argala stotra (start as “jayanti mangala kali”) Argala stotra making one conducive for Parayana gives rupa, jaya, yashas, shatrunash, saubhagya, and arogya and most importantly sukha- happiness comes and gives Sampadvruddhi.
12. Keelak — this stotra if done without krama does not get anugraha of Durga, hence Keelak is a must for ishtartha siddhi.
13. Uchchran Vidhi- [Durga Parayan should be done in Uchcha swara]
14. Navarnav Mantra Japa, Nyasa etc.
15. Japa Samarpana by Ratri Sukta
16. Tantrokta Devi Pooja– parayana nyasa etc.
19. Uttara Nyasa
20. Devi Sukta Pathan
21. Tantrokta Sukta Pathan
22. Rahsya Pathana
If Durga is prayed as Maya then Harini Parshuram Anusandha, if Ambika or Saraswati then Laxmi Narsimha Anusandhan. Durga stotra is full of namo stute so involves lot of namaskaras. I discovereVishnu Durga when guruji prescribed Parvati Swayamvar Mantra to one of the persons, who are not getting married.
Durga has all three manifestations:-
1. Mahalakshami [as Vishnu Maya] – anusandhan is Durga antargat Parshuram.
2. Saraswati – anusandhan is Durga antargat Laxmi Narsimha.
3. Parvati– anusandhan is Shakambari antargat Laxmi Narsimha.
Parayan means recitation with particular Niyama, this niyama one should decide as per capacity and take sankalpa and should not do ullanghan. The paarayana can be done in the evenings.
These are tantra special: Utkeelan mantra, Navarnav mantra, uttara nyasa, rahsya pathana, keelak (Rahasy traya a>pradhanik b>prakruti c> moorti rahasya). One must know them when doing it after taking deeksha. The naivedya krama for Shakambari Devi is after Rudra Deva.