Vayupurana says there are six angas to a Pradhaan karma :
1. Shastra vimarsha -Introspecting shruti smriti about the karma we are engaged in ,
2. Astikyabuddhi ( this karma kartavya if done , i shall get the result as mentioned in shastra , this faith )
3. Sajjan sahavas ( satsang , company of satvik bhaktas )
4. Upasana murty bhakti ( devotion towards the devata whose ipasana is being undertaken )
5. Totally abstaining from the thought that ” i am the doer ” one. Must shun the ahankaar that he himself is kartaa ,
6. Not allowing lapse in the vrata started till end ,
From the above 6 angas further 4 anga sprouts , they are
1. Getting up at correct time and engaging in the kartavya
2. Abiding by the shastras to maximum possoble extent as per capacity ,, shaktysnusaar .
3. ManA:swasthya – being healthy and of sound mind
4. Shuchi – bahya antar nirmalata , being clean .
The above Lord himself has said and assures us that it will lead to Haripreeti . And kaaryasiddhi ,
Apart from above there are upangas
1. Gandoosh – rinsing the mouth after shouch ie ( toilet etc )
2. Brushing the teeth with dantakashta ( herbal toothpaste )
3. Mruttikashauch , cleaning with white mud the body while bathing ( multani matti ,
Herbal soap etc )
5 snana ( proper vidhiyukta snana )
6 wearing shuchi vastra ( madi saula ) etc
7. Urdhwapundra dharana
After observing folowing anga upangas only one must sit for sandhya , nityakarma etc .
If done procedurally only then one gets Gyana relevant to moxa . Else even if one does karma for centuries there wont be any change in his status . Ie there will be no abhivruddhi .
Casually doing nityakarmas saying m God knows everything , he will reward me irrespective of my doing karmas without following procedures , is FALSE NOTION . here Paramatma himself is giving upadesha that if not done properly , he will cause no change in the status of the person , he will remain as he is for years without progress .
Katyayan rishi says before attempting any karma following rules must be adhered else karma does not fructify
1. Manah prasannata
Always all satkarma must be accomplished with right hand only .