Archive for the ‘niyama’ Category
* One gets moxa only when does laya chintana everyday .the phala of this chintana is release from janma-mrityu cycle
* There is an in-depth version for the advanced Sadhakas, for a novice the given chintana is adequate
* Prior to sleeping one must the laya chintana. Enters means laya. In other words, each entity is tatva and it recoils, merges into the former
* Laya is of two types : Garuda Marga and Sesha Marga
1. Indra Marga-1:
a. Varnashrama dharmarata Manushyottam get laya into Nirruti
b. Nirruti along with= all “pitrus’, 100 kings like Prithu etc., together with Vaivasta etc., and 12 Manus enters Yamadharmaraya
c. Yamadharma enters Swayambhu Manu
d. Swayambhu manu along with Shatarupadevi enters Indra [this is one sub Indra marga]
2. Indra Marga-2:
a. Forty-nine Maruts along with Pravaha Vayu and Ahankarika Praana enter Indra
3. Indra Marga-3:
a. Sadhyagana enter Ganesha and stay in Akaash
b. Mrityu gana and Rubhugana enter Prithvi tatva
c. Sons of Agni and all sons of devatas enter Agni and Agni enters Aditya
d. Akaash, Prithvi and Aditya get Laya in Brihaspatiacharya
e. Brihaspati alongwith Taradevi enter Indra (this is the third Indra marga)
4. Indra Marga 4:
a. All 100 less 100 crores rishis, 80 special rishis -Marichi etc, Saptarishis, Bhrighu Rishi, Narada and all Devarishis enter Daksha Prajapati
b. Daksha Prajapati with Prasuti Devi enters Indra (this is the fourth Indra marga)
5. Indra alongwith Sachidevi enters Sauvarnidevi and Jambawatidevi enter Sauvarni devi
6. 6. Sauvarni Devi enters Garuda in Garuda Marga.
Here there is only one marga:
1. Manushya Gandharva enter into Devagandharva, Devagandharva who in turn enter Ajanaja devatas. These Ajanaja devatas enter Kubera
2. Kubera enters Varuna
3. And Varuna enters Chandra
4. Chandra along with Vishwaksena, Jaya, Vijaya enter Aniruddha
5. Aniruddha alongwith Sanakaadi enter Kaamadeva
6. Kaamadeva and Ratidevi, enter Vaaruni devi
7. Vaaruni devi enters Shesha. This is Shesha Marga
1. (Gurukulite query: what about Nagas such as Vasuki, Takshaka etc)
8. Both Garuda and Shesha deva enter Saraswati devi
9. Saraswati enters Brahma
10. Brahma enters Tejomaya Lakshmidevi
11. Lakshmidevi enters Atyanta Saamipya of Lord and engages in Dhyaana
12. In this manner while doing Laya chintana upto Narayana, one must do aikya chintana of Dakshinakshigata Vishwa namak Paramatma, Swapna Preraka Kanthagata Taijas in Taijas namak paramatma and Suptiprada Hrudgata Jeevantaryaami Pragnya namak Hari (aikya) into Bimba roopi Hari
QUESTION AND ANSWERS:
Question: How to visualise and should we remember the previous sequence?
Chiraan : For example Saraswati is Smara Tatva and merges in Mahatatva. What does merging mean, how can souls do this?
One can imagine Saraswati entering Brahmas heart. Manushyas represent Varnashrama dharma.
Question: Does this happen till last janma for manushyas? Happens at the end of brahma kalpa 100 years of brahma and sadhana happens until then. Laya happens in taratamya order.
Chiraan : Laya happens at 4 levels. 1. Nitya Manujanma level 2. Manykalpa level 3. Brahma dina kalpa 4. Brahma Mahakalpa.
Question: Who is Aniruddha who enters Kamadeva and what is his function?
Chiraan : Aniruddha is Shatrughna of Ramayana
Question: Is Aniruddha roopi Hari same as Aniruddha in the 10th kaxa of taratamya? Similar is the query in the context of Pradyumna and Kamadeva who in 8th kaxa.
Chiraan: Vishnu roopas are supreme and do not occur in any kaxa.
Note: Aniruddha is devata for procreation. Kamadeva is devata for avidya, shadvairis. Laya chintana and panchikarana aata by Sri Vadirajaru.
If we do karma samarpana in this way which will finally reach Hari. When we say Krishnarpana it goes in this marga.
Question: Is there a difference between laya chintana and golaka chintan?
Chiraan: Each step mentioned is Laya chintana is golaka. But Mukhya golaka is Vayu for the Lord. Hence during Arpana we say prana antargat Lord.
Question: Who are mrityu ganas and rubhu ganas?
Chiraan : Yama dhootas are mrityu gana and Shiva/marut ganas are rubhuganas
Shri LaxminArAyaNAy Namah
One day Dhanurmasa pooja equals 1000 years of daily pooja.
Godaan, bhudaan, tildaan, hiranya daana can be done in dhanurmasa. On Vyatipat yoga pitru tarpana should be given and one must give arghya. For ishta prapti laxmi dwadash naam is must.
Give Bramahan bhojana in ushah kala [i.e. before sunrise] after giving naivedya of mudganna mixed with curds. Such Bramhana santarpana will give Gnana.
No vrat, japa, niyama, or daana equals mudganna naivedya to Hari.
Shachi devi by giving this naivedya in dhanurmasa, got Indra back his padavi when Indra had lost the throne to rakshasas. Thus, one gains back lost glory by doing this Dhanurmasa Pooja.
1. Mudganna mixed with cashews ghee
2. Mudganna with guD, elaichi, raisins
3. Mudganna with ghee ilaichi amla sharkara
4. mudganna with adrak kalimirch, kopra ghee cashews
5.Mudganna mixed with curds
One must give dana of fruits, jiggery, ghee, sugar, makkhan [butter] for Lord’s preeti along with Mudganna.
Mudgaan should be hot during naivedya. One must reduce his usual pooja time and quickly do naivedya in Dhanurmasa just like sadhana dwadashi as delaying naivedya will make one poor diseased and Vishnu drohi. Sandhi Kala is atyant siddhiprada, Dhanurmasa is sandhi kala for devatas. In Dhanurmasa Sandhyavandan, itar, Pooja, anushthana, etc. can be done after naivedya.
Offering Mudganna Naivedya gives:
* Ishtartha siddhi
* If one does it for entire month he will become a YOGI
* At the same time he will become very rich in every janma
* He will be a Vaishnava in every JANMA- janma after janma
* Proper offering of Mudganna naivedya to SRIHARI, in proper proportion, will make one (the person offering the naivedya) overcome his enemies in no time.
* One who does this naivedya becomes CHIRAYU and DHANIK and VEDA parangat
* For one who does adrak (ginger) mixed huggi (seasoned Rice gruel) naivedya for him what is the use of ganga snan, japa, tapa, yagnya, yaaga as all these phala will be begotten through the offering this naivedya alone.
* One who gives naivedya of Mudganna and then gives Bramhan bhojana in the name of Pitrus, he will get 10000 times more punya phal than gaya shraddha and Raam Setu shrAddha as such a Bramhan bhojana will ensure Vishnu-pad for Pitrus.
* One who does naivedya himself in Dhanurmasa is Bhaagavat Shrestha
* 100 agnishoma 100 vaajpeya yagya will not equal HUGGI naivedya in Vyatipaat Yoga of Dhanurmasa- tommorrow (December 20th, 2012) is Vyatipat yoga
* Even paapis such as veda bhrastha, vrata bhrashta, karma bhrasta, and/or mitra-drohi become clean by doing Mudganna daan in Dhanurmasa.
Note: Vyatipat is Vishnu Chakra- It is Hari rupa with infinite arms.
ॐ ॥ हयग्रीव दयासिंधो बन्धो सज्जनसंततेः । त्रयीग्रीव नमश्चान्द्रसान्द्रकान्तिसमांशुमन् ॥
स्वामिन्सघृण काप्यम्बा किं बालकममुञ्चत । पालय श्रीपते तस्मादस्मान्सेवकान् ॥
ईश तेऽनीश जीव त्वं तत्त्वं वक्ति न युक्तिमान् । अश्वो भूत्वाऽपि यो मर्त्योऽमर्त्यो वाश्वो जगत्त्रये ॥
हयास्य पश्य भृत्यं ते हन्तेमे भूतराक्षसाः । जिघांसंत्यात्तचक्रस्त्वं सत्वं विस्तार्य रक्षमाम् ॥
यमोऽपि ते भटस्त्वं च पञ्चरूपो भवान्प्रभुः । आज्ञापयतु राजाऽसौ दासायं मयि मोचयेत् ॥
अनन्तगुणसंपूर्ण धूर्न काऽप्यत्र मे प्रिया । तव पादाब्जसेवैव जैवबन्धविमोिचनी ॥
सुरम्य सुखचिद्रूप धूपदीपार्चनादिकम् । तव प्रियं सदा कु्र्यां पुर्यां वा पर्वतेऽपि वा ॥
विद्यां देहि विवेकं च शं च सर्वत्र देहि मे । श्रद्धां देहि तथा पाहि मा हिनस्ति यथा परः ॥
ससुरासुरगंधर्वपूर्वसर्वजगत्पते । शरणं भव वाणीशवीशभोगीशसेवित ॥
हयाननं हर क्लेशं लेशं दर्शय नः प्रभो । भवन्मुखाम्बुजे नृत्यच्छुत्यन्ताख्यवधूहृदाम् ॥
वादिराजाख्ययतिना सादरं रचितां स्तुतिम् । श्रीधरांघ्रियुगे भक्तीं साधयान् सर्वदा पठेत्॥
॥इति श्रीमद्वादिराजपुज्यचरणविरचितं हयग्रीवस्तोत्रं समाप्तम् ॥
ShriRAMA after reining Ayodhya for 13000 years once visited Agastyashram . [ This is after killing Shambuka ] .
Agastyamuni who is born out of pitcher is known as Kumbhasambhava . Immediately rose from his seat on seeing LORD RAAMA and offered his prayers .And after prayers offered one beautiful MAALA [ garland ] which was clean and crystal clear and very pleasing to the mind – nirmala amalina malaa . With devotion Agastya muni says ”
HEY RAAM ! This garland has been given to me by KING SHWETA to be offered at your LOTUS feet .
Once while Agastya muni saw a dead body in the midst of the jungle . After sometime SAGE saw a very bright divine aircraft descending from the heavens .From the PLANE alighted a Luminous KINGLY personality . The KING in divine heavenly form descended from the PLANE and started eating the flesh of the dead body . Looking at the ghastly sight .. Sage AGASTYA asked OH divine King who are You ? why are you performing this dastardly act . what besieges you to eat a dead mans’ flesh . You do not seem to be a demon or demonic creature either .. and you are descending from heaven so you must have done only good deeds in previous birth as you have reached heaven .. then why this evil has befallen you ?
The KING said ” Oh salutation to you Oh Sage Agastya ! its my good fortune and end of bad karma that I have had a holy sight of divine person like yourselves .. Now my miseries have ended … ! Listen Oh pious Bramhin rishi … I am king Shweta .
I was doing tapasya [ penace ] in this region known as Dandakaranya . This region was ruled by a KIng named DANDA . it was once a beautiful KINGDOM full of palaces and streets . Once Danda was infatuated with the daughter if SHUKRACHARYA . For this Shukracharya the guru of demons cursed him and his kingdom to become a uninhabited dense Forest . [ ie king became daridra for having lusted guru’s daughter ] and this place came to be known as DANDAKARANYA .
KING Shweta had done many tapasya and conducted many vratas , yagnyas . BUT after completing the VRATAS NIYAMA YAGNYA etc ,, KING did not do nay bramhana BHOJANA .. so all his yagnyas became anannayagnya . Because the yagnyas he did get Swarga but there he could not eat any food for himself .. All sort of food abhorred him … He was dissatisfied even in HEAVEN among apasaras and all sorts of enjoyments but Hunger troubled him a lot and all the food available could not be eaten by him … SO unable to bear hunger He asked BRAMHA as to why this evil had befallen him . BRAMHA devaru said .. as he had not given for Bramhana bhojana and annadana after yagnyas …He will be dissatisfied even though he got heaven for his karma , he will not be able to eat heavenly food . SO king asked where to seek satisfaction from hunger .. He said his heavenly body still in the DANDAKARANYA and he has no option but to eat his own flesh there to find satisfaction ..
Unable to bear this bad situation .. KING shweta pleaded BRAMH deva to relieve him off his pain .. and give him some remedy for his FOLLY ..
BRAMHA ji took pity on him and said .. Oh KIng SHWETA .. take this garland .. and give it to SAGE AGASTYA to offer this LORD RAAMA .. THis will relieve you from this evil state .
saying so King Shweta offered with devotion a divine garland to Sage AGASTYA .. and the dead body disappeared .. and again KING Shweta went to heaven peacefully in the divine plane .
SAGE AGASTYA offered the GARLAND to LORD RAAMA narrating this incident.
note – why did BRAMHAji not ask KING shweta to offer garland directly to LORD RAAMA .. ?
ans – KIng’s problem was only to get relieved from the state of hunger .. Offering garland to RAAMA would have resulted in much more punya , which KING was not seeking .and was not eligible either … Thus BRAMHAJI asked KING to give garland to sage AGASTYA and it was Sage AGASTYA who offered GArland to RAAMA and became eligible for complete Punya arising out of such offering …
special point to be noted – OFFERING GARLAND TO LORD RESULTS IN OBTAINING ANNA FOOD [ this is a great secret ] ..
“devaay maalarpaNena analabho bhavatiti paramarahasyam ” – poojakalapalata grantham
Thus while narrating this story SUN set in the west and SO LORD RAAMA spent the night among the sages in the ashram .
NEXT day LORD RAAMA said ” punaste darshanam BHUYAAT ” .. to agastya muni that “We shall meet again .Oh Sage you are the one who cleanse the men off their sins and make them pure ” .. sage burst into tears and said ” Oh RAAM ! by constant remembrance of lotus feet I HAVE BECOME CLEANSED myself ! You are the very GOD Oh RAAM ! just by listening to your name , remembering your avataras and singing your praises , even those who have sinned with mahapatakas ie unpardonable sins also get purified cleansed and respected devout ”
LORD RAAMA with a soft smile looking at the SAGE boarded the PUSHPAK VIMANA and reached AYODHYA .. and then asked PUSHPAK to return whenever called for .. Having said that PUSHPAK automatically left for KUBERA’s place . on a autopilot mode .
THEN LORD SRIRAAMA invited BHARAT AND LAKSHMAN to his palace and decided to do a YAGNYA .. LAKSHMAN suggested ASHWAMEDHA YAGNYA ! .
Pratah snana vidhi
as per panchasanskaarsangraha snana should be done in following way
- One desirous of nityasnana should go to the banks of the river or jalashay . while going one must take saligrama in a box . for abhisheka he must carry a harivaNa .. and for snana tulasi mrittika . he should take three dips in the river for cleaning sweat and dirt .
- then one should come to the bank .
- clean the body by rubbing it profusely and again take a dip in the river
- again come back to the bank of the river and sit .
- open the box containing saligrama .
- remove the tulasi flower nirmalya and do visarjana of nirmalya
- keep the saligrama pratima sudarshan in the harivana .
- keep the tulasi mrittika before th LORD ..
- say the tithi day etc for sankalpa and ” vishnupreranaya vishnuprithyartham ” snana sankalpa should be done
- with pranava “OM ” one must do prokshana of mrittika
- do japa of gayatri for three times on mrittika
- make three parts of the mrittika
- take the first part in two hands
- show it to the surya .. if before sunrise do dhyana of surya and give samarpana
- ” nyona prithivi …” mantra should be chanted and with first part clean the foot from knees downwards
- wash the two hands
- repeat it second time
- take the second part of the mrittika
- show it to surya deva and do surya dhyana and samarpana
- rub it on the forehead forearms and legs chanting ” gandhadwaram …” mantra . two sides of the body should be rubbed with ” udhrutaasi varaheNa .. ” mantra
- wash the two hands
- repeat it second time
- ” namah kamalnabhaay namaste jalashayine | namastestu hrishikesh grahaNaamarghyam namostute || ” give arghya with this mantra for three times
- atitikshna mahakaay kalpantadahanopam | bhairavay namastubhyamanugnyam datumarha || with this mantra one must take the permission of BHAIRAVA who protects the teertha .
- “samasta jagadadhar shankhachakragadadhar | dev dehi mamanugnyam yushmatteerthanishaveNe || ” with this mantra one must take permission of teerthantargat Parmatma
- take the thrid portion of the mrittika in the right hand tightly .
- with left hand one must clean the place where mrittika has been kept
- one must do namaskaara to deva and guru
- get down into the river
- one must stand with water till waist or knees . one must stand opposite to the flow of river , if in jalashay one must face SUN .and take three dips
- keep the mrittika in the right hand on shoulder
- do achamana for three times
- do pranayama for three times
- take some part of mrittika on shoulder and mix it water
- rest of the part keep in the hand
- from head to toe cleanse with mrittika reciting OM .
- dip three times reciting dwadashakshar mantra three times . with ashtakshar three times . with shadakshar three times .
- while taking dip inside the water one must do smarane of NARAYANA as sleeping in the water .
- as much as possible recite the mantras being completely immersed in the water
- with OM come rise from the water .
- close all the fingers of left palm like a mushthi . inside this mushthi keep the right thumb and rest four fingers of right hand keep on the left mushthi .this is known as shankha mudra . ” aapo hishtha mayo bhuva …” etc mantras are knwon to praise AAP namak HARI .. hence they are known as ‘ablingmantras’. chanting these mantras with shankha mudra dipping in the water one must do prokshana of head heart two shoulders and all the body .
- ” rutan ch satyam ..” three times recite this mantra OR in kumbhaka recite aghamarshana suktam
- DHYANA of NARAYANA in water
- rise from the water
- with shankha mudra recite purush sukta and do prokshana on head and do dhyana of NARAYANA having abhisheka in your heart …
- do achamaan
- with water make urdhwapundra naam
- come to the banks of the river
- wash the place three times, where one stands
- yagnyopaveet should be apasavya [ only those who have pitru adhikaara ] , “ye ke chasmatkule jaata aputra gotriNo mrutaah | te gruhNantu maya dattam vastranishpeednodakam || ” with this mantra squeeze the clothe [vastra ] that one is wearing [wet ] .while squeezing pitru teertha in the palms must be facing downwards and rest of the part should be on vastra .
- second time achamaan
- deva saligrama abhisheka should be done [ savya ]
- that saligrama teertha should be given to sanakadi muni and other devatas
- put some teertha on the head
- give deva tarpana rishi tarpana and pitru tarpana [ those who have adhikaara ]
- do achamaan
- brush your hairs with hands till the water running from head stops . do dhyana of srihari during this time
- ” apavitra pavitro va sarvavasthaam gatopi va | yah smaret pundarikakasham sa bahyabhyantar shuchi ” do prokshan with this mantra on a clean clothe vastra .
- first cover the head with one vastra and use the other part to cover body and put kacche upper side .
- sit down
- wash the legs .
- rinse the mouth ..
- twice achamaan
- use gopichandan
- join two edges of the clothe , this is knwon as dwiguna, again join the edges of the cloth , this is chaturguna . this chaturguna vastra we should squeeze after coming out of the river .
- this vastra should not be kept on the wrist , if kept it will become asuchi .
- if done twice achamaan should be done for shuddhi
- one should not keep the squeezed clothe on the shoulder ..if kept it ios known as rakshas karma .. for shuddhi one must do snana again .
Thus the different parts of the kriya known as PRATAH SNANA should be carried out to get proper snana phala .
snana with indian gooseberry [ nellikayi ,amla ] and eating amla give VISHNUPREETI . HARI is especially pleased with those who take bathw ith amla powder on ekadashi day and dwadashi day both snana and eating of amla is very auspicious and gains special affection of LORD Vishnu
VYASA rishi says ,
those days where snana with amalaki is prohibited are
- night times
shatataap rishi says one must not take snana with amalaki in the early morning hours .. this puts all the days as nishiddha .. then dwadashi one must do snana with amalaki becomes an exception …rest days afternoon bath ,evening bath can be done with amalaki .
If one does snana with malaki on the nishiddha prohibited days than one will suffer poverty ..
if prohibited days fall on ekadashi then amalaki snana on such days gives immense punya .. so say shattrinshansmriti …
- snana with til
- applying til powder to entire body
- homa with til
- pitru tarpana with til
- eating til and jaggery
- giving dana of til
those who perform these six karmas will never get tired and tiredness will cease if any ..
Vyasa says those who desire the betterment of servants ,friends and wife should never touch til on
- vaidhruti yoga
- vrata days
during the evening and night times one must use oil or powders of til either for eating or snana ,eating food which is larger than its seed during night reduces wealth ..
SAMUDRA SNANA VIDHI
- Pashaan mantra
- ten tarpana
these eight kriya completes the samudra snana and makes one eligible to get samudra snana phala .
these are :
पिप्पलाादसमुत्तन्ने कृत्ये लोकभयँकरी । पाषाणम ते मया दत्त माहारार्थम प्रकल्पितम् ॥
पिशाची च घृताची च विश्वयोने विशाम् पते । सानिध्यम् कुरुमे देव सागरे लवणांधसि ॥
नमस्ते विश्वगुप्ताय नमो विष्णुवपां पते ।नमो जलधिरूपाय नदीनाम् पतये नमः ॥
सर्वरत्नमयः श्रीमान सर्वरत्नाकराकर । सर्वरत्नप्रदातस्त्वं गृहाणामर्घ्यम् महोदधे ॥
पृथिव्याम् यानि तीर्थानि प्राविशंस्त्वाम् महोदधे । स्नातस्य मे फलम् देहि सर्वस्मादपि चांधसः ॥
समस्तजगदाधार शंखचक्रगदाधर । अनुज्ञाम् देहि मे देव युष्मत्तीर्थनिषेवणे ॥
वेदादयो वेदवशिष्ठ योनिः सरित्पतिः सागररत्नयोनिः । अग्निश्च मे तेज इला च तेजो रेतोधा यज्ञममृतस्य च नाभिः ॥इदं तेऽन्याभिरसमानमद्भिर्याः काश्च सिंधुम् प्रविशंत्यापः । सर्वो जीर्णामिव त्वचं जहाते पापं शरीरात्सशिरस्कोऽभ्युपेत्य ॥
- पिप्पलादम् तर्पयामि
- कविं तर्पयामि
- कण्वं तर्पयामि
- कृतांतम् तर्पयामि
- जीवकेश्वरं तर्पयामि
- मन्युम् तर्पयामि
- कालरात्रिम् तर्पयामि
- विद्यां तर्पयामि
- अहर्गणेश्वरं तर्पयामि
- समुद्रम् तर्पयामि
तदनंतरं देव तर्पणम् रिषि तर्पणम् पितृ तर्पणम्
this completes the smaudra snana
one must not do achamana with samudra water .. one must not do achaman with hot water and tarpana should be given from samudra water only ..
Snana is karma . it is just not cleansing of body with water but a karma that gives different results fruits in various situations.
Snana is nitya karma , that we do on a daily basis in three sandhyas .
Snana taken on specific occasion like 1> eclipse , 2> after having touched rajaswala stree ,or antyaj mletch or 3> during asuchi are all naimittika snana
Snana undertaken to get the desires of the life fulfilled like increase in longevity ,wealth , health etc increase in beauty , lustre ,skin tone ,increase in radiance of body , etc .. OR having desires of other life like Svarga etc is known as KAAMYA SNANA .
Those desirous of fruits of karma should carry out snana for phala those who do not desire fruits should carry out the SNANA for HARIPREETI ..
How to do such SNANA we shall elaborate .
PULASTYA rishi says :
- every month Pushya nakshatra
- ones own janma nakshatra
- vaytipaata yoga
- vaidhriti yoga
SNANA on these days will release the seven ancestors from their sins .. that means a snana taken with proper instructions on these days will not only destroys one’s own sins but also destroys sins of father grandfather their father and forefathers seven generations .. and if done on dintraya it will grace a crore [kulkotim samuddharet ] generations .
SUNDAY and TUESDAY one should take bath in river , for those who do that , just as LION does not have fear of other wild animals in forest similarly one will not have fear of diseases .
One who takes bath in a river near the sannidhi of RUDRA DEVARU on CHAITRA KRISHNA CHATURDASHI one will never attain the pretatva [ one will never become preta ,bhoota pisacha etc ] . If done in GANGA river it is very much more effective .
BHAVISHYA purana says
The water body very near to a SHIVALINGA is known as SHIVAGANGA , those who take bath in this Shivaganga , get relived from all their sins and reach abode of RUDRA DEVA
Kartik pournami bath in PUSHKAR and MAGH Pournami a snana in Prayaag will destroy all the sins of the person .
Jyestha SHUKLA NAVAMI if there is hasta Nakshatra on that day the it is very auspicious .. a bath in ganga on this day will relieve one from the sins made in last 10 TEN BIRTHS .
MAGH KRISHNA CHATURDASHI if one takes bath in YAMUNA river or VAISHAAKH SHUKLA TRITIYA [ akshya tritiya ] in GANGA will take away all the sins of this birth .
MARKANDEYA RISHI says
Surya grahana -during solar eclipse a bath in GANGA will give punya equivalent to donating infinite cows in a proper vedic manner .
Padma purana says
KARTIK shukla NAVAMI is very dear to Pitrus .. so a snana dana homa on this day by the side of river pleases the forefathers who have departed .
MAGHA saptami is equivalent to Surya grahana .. a snana during arunodaya on this day will give immense punya .
Chaitra shukla ashtami if it is with Punarvasu nakshatra and also if that day happens to be Wednesday than it is a very very auspicious day .. a snana in river on this day will give punya of having done VAAJPEYA YAGNYA .- VISHNU vachan .
SHATATAP rishi says
On an amavasya if it is SUNDAY or Tuesday just a snana on this day in ganga will give punya equivalent to having donated 1000 cows .
Ashwij pournami to kaartika pournami one should take bath everyday in river , do japa of vishesha mantras ,should eat only havishya items , and remain with complete indriya nigraha .. then one gets relieved from all sins and becomes purified in mind and body .
The months of libra ,capricorn and aries , one should get up early in the morning and take bath in rivers and should be in bramhacharya vrata eat only havishya then one will get relieved from all sins of this birth .
Those who desire wealth and worldly pleasures and also svarga should take bath during lunar and solar eclipse . and should take bath before sunrise during pushya pournami to phalguna poornima everyday .
matsya purana says ,
Four months from ASHADHA poorima to KAARTIKA poornima everyday one should take bath early in the morning …everyday one should give bramhna bhojana andon KAARTIKA poornima one should give GODAANA … This is Known as VISHNU VRATA . One gets Vishnuloka by doing this .
The month starting the end of Pushya masa and before the beginning of Phalguna masa is known as MAGHA MASA . according to sage NARADA month occurs in three ways ..
- From poornima to poornima it is knwon as poornimaantamasa … in this type pushya poornima to magha poornima is known as MAGHA MASA
- from amavasya to amavasya is known as amavasyantamaas ….in this krama pushya amavasya to magha amavasya will be magha masa . both above are chandra maana masa .
- from one solar ingress to another solar ingress is known as saurmasa ,,, in this krama the month starting from makar sankranti to kumbha sankranti is known as magha masa .. this is saura maana masa ..
In these three types of magha masa ,one can choose as per their tradition or can choose all the three types of months for snana which will give immense punya .
In this month rivers keep saying aloud from arunoday time till suryodaya .. ” please come take bath we shall relieve you of all sins ,.. lets see who is lucky among you .who is the fortunate one ! ”
small children or young boys or old men women or transgenders , all and everyone should take bath during maghamasa in a river ..This will give all sorts of desires to the one who takes bath …
While doing this snana ,one should not cover oneself with sweater or blanket while going to the river . If one gets troubles by the cold wind then one must resist such a cold weather and continue the snana .. One must never try to get rid of cold during the snana ..if one does the snana in this manner taking the cold into ones stride .. with each step he takes towards river while going and coming from river ONE GETS ASHWAMEDHA YAGNYA punya for each step .
one should not use fire agni before or after snana .. to relieve oneself of cold weather .
SNANA in river gives mahaphala … for those who do not have river …
- river water
- water flowing with quick speed
- water taken in a new pot a previous day ,if this water is kept in an open place below sky ,where wind flows freely .. if kept from night till dawn
these three types of water is equivalent to Ganga . This water can be used for Snana and will give ganga snana phala .
before starting MAgha snana , one should do snakalpa that I will do the snana daily in a river for a month .. Then one should recite what type of niyama one will undertake for the month .. and then start the snana …
One must do sankalpa everyday before snana too
MANTRAs to be recited while doing snana will be given in subsequent posts ..
one must recite them ..With much devotion one must take bath month long in the river water ….
After the snana one must take the mrittika of that teertha river and annoint himself .. one must also put the mrittika on ones head ..
then one must put gopichandana and mudras …one must give arghya to SURYA in a vedokta manner .. one must give tarpana to Pitrus ..
then one must come out of the water .. in any circumstance one must not speak ..JUST AS WOOD DOES NOT SPEAK .. one must be like wood … This is known as KAASHTHAMAUNA . One must come home with this type of mauna .
One must worship with stotra the MADHAVA rupa of HARI which has SHANKHA CHAKRA .. one must give agnihotra in agni ..other homas should be done ..
Entire month one must not travel anywhere .. one must reside at one place only ..one must sit in single aasan . Those who are capable should do bramhacharya vrata and sleep on ground … those who are not capable and those who are rich can stay as they wish .. But in magha masa those capable or incapable must adhere to some special niyamas , that would give effective results ..
to be continued …. this post will go on for several days !