The compatibility between the couples should be based on Janma Rashi. The following kutas should be considered while deciding the marriage they are
Of these Maitri ,nakshtra,gana,rajju,vashya ,yoni are very important. so what they represent .
- Maitri[rashyadhipa] indicates friendship that would exist between the couples after the marriage . This involves understanding ,analysis ,feeling better ,counting on each other ,support etc that couple would be in a position to offer each other will be determined by Maitri.
- Nakshatra will determine stree dheerghya ,that means it is the measure of closeness that a couple would feel or experience after marriage . Many a times it is seen a some people though in distant lands separated by miles still feel closer to each other mentally .Physical separation do not hinder them in loving each other and they don’t each other , time would have passed by in the measures of years ,yet when they meet again they would chat as if they had been together as always.On the contrary there are some who staying in the same house would be mentally apart ,they would never feel that each person is closer to the other the distant seems to be there in mind. Yet again some people forget each other the moment the other person is out of sight . Some carry them in heart even if the other has died long ago.
- Gana shows the measure of compromise one would make for the other in the marriage.
Rajju is the breath that flows constantly between the couples as they glance each other or come closer to each or whenever thoughts of each other crossover the minds. These breaths must be in a opposite direction for the boy and the girl. Eka nadi couples will always have wrong breath flowing and hence will always fail in responding to the stimulus of the other. When one will be thinking of something ,the other one would be caught napping or dreaming something else .
- Deva gana are known for giving and they are happy giving everything , they adjust and make room for the other partner.When marriage is between two devaganas ,it is complete with each person silently adjusting to he needs of other without expressing any pain ,the pain that does not exist and disappears with joy expressed by the other
- Manushya gana is adjusting and compromises only when he needs something from the other ,at all other times he protests and expresses his anguish at the pressure that is being created by the others’ demands and needs. the other partners’ needs endangers his desires [such is the feeling of the manushya gana].
- Rakshasa gana is ever demanding gives back nothing. He feels strange when someone expresses the need for sharing , though not sharing or adjusting himself ,asks others to make room for him and sometimes grabs it steals it to the discomfort of the other. His needs are paramount to him/her and others needs is invasion into his space.
- when Devagana boy marries manushya gana girl [ The girl will ask for the moon and boy earnestly will strive for it , even after getting it girl will keep saying why aren’t you excited ,look we are on the moon ,dont you think its wonderful , Dev gana will just admire her with a smile , and she would smiff ” aap to kuch bolte hi nahi”]
- Manushya gana boys marry manushya gana girls[ girl spots a donkey and says ” aji sunte ho aapka rishtedar ja raha hai “, snipes the boy ” namaste sasurji”]
- Manushya gana girls marry Rakshas gana boy [ but they will be ever sobbing at their fates ,boy snipes ” woh pehli wali baat nahi rahi” ,girl says ” pata nahi kis kisko ghurte rehte ho”]
- Raksha gana boys marry Rakshasa gana[ “dekhiye aisa kuch main hone nahi doongi ” ” tum boriya bistar bhandke ja sakti ho”]
- Dev gana boy marries Rakshas gana girls[ ” boy ” hare Narayan eis sansar ke moh maya me mat pado priye”,girl ” Ghar me rashan khatm ho gaya hai “]
Vasya is very important kuta , certain signs are naturally subservient to the other sign like capricorn can never say no to Pisces , there is natural vasya between the two signs , when vasya exists between the couples one will be very happy to boss around and the other will happy to have granted permission for such bossing.
Yoni is the method to estimate the sexual compatibility between the couples If yonis are matching , however different the views of the couples be they will never raise these issues during copulation . If yonis are mismatching then couples will spend most of the time in discussing their differences and inner thoughts rather then the actual act.Act remains just a formality to declare a cease fire . Most of the couples in todays’ era would like to keep marriage intact just because their yonis are matching. Thus among the majority this compatibility rates higher in keeping the marriage stronger .Couples agree to disagree/
Chittanukulyam sarvanukulyam , Couples hopelessly in love need not see any compatibility , if there is compatibility of minds then there is compatibility in everything.
- when a boy glances at the girl if they are at the time having opposite breaths there will be definite attraction between them , women will definitely glance back , when man touches the desired woman and breath flows through the right nostril then be assured woman will not resist him , he can be physical with his woman only till as his breath is in right nostril , the moment it changes to the left ,the activity stops . The ability to keep breath in the right goes a long way in amassing physical prowess. Nonetheless opposite rajju can always sustain the relationship and mutual attraction and sense of power exists all through.[the warrior class likes such relationships]
- Children born to couples with varying breath patterns are healthier and stronger
- Children born to couples with mismatched breath patterns are defective
Rasi on account of these kutas total upto 36 points , it is very rare to see marriages between such compatible stars. However an average of 18 points and above makes the marriage work . This is for the unintelligent. Intelligent must think and come to conclusion that while one cannot be completely happy with a woman he lives with , if he choose to count every virtue in her to his advantage , one must learn to live with the inabilities of the person we are destined to marry .The more we look at the positive aspects more compatible will be the married life, If a woman is all adjusting then even if her horoscope does not match still she would make an excellent wife.
Even if the more than 18 points match and the kuta which is of paramount importance to a woman or man is mismatching , they would be lamenting and cursing entire life each other or perhaps one would silently sob in the darkness of the night at his fate [ such things frequently comes out in the fight ,” pata nahi meri woh kaun si manhoos ghadi thi jis din inse shaadi hui” pata nahi teri ammi ne us din chay me kya mila diya jo main tumhe dekhke latto ho gaya”]
even if you see 100 horoscopes you reject them on one count or the other [“dil me woh ghanti nahi baj rahi] Yet again when time comes you marry a person with all the same defects which you earlier scorned at.[ dimag ki siti baj gayi]
Its true the mind is never under control to decide these issues when it comes to marriage. The great Dushyant when he saw Shakuntala , he had unusual wave of passion .But what he was seeing was a rishi kanya ,He was a kshtriya King , he felt How come my righteous mind is getting attracted to a Bramhin girl [rishi kanya] ,which is prohibited by the shastras. The whole day during his shikar his mind could not move away from the sight of the beautiful Shakuntala , but his conscience was teasing him to be a unworthy man. Gathering his senses , Dushyant concluded if at all I am a high born righteous man then my thoughts cannot betray me , this beaytifull lass must definitely be born off th loins of a Kshatriya. To ascertain he goes to her maid and asks her the caste of the Girl from whom he is unable to take off his eyes , Priyamvada consoles him by assuring that she is a Kshatriya lass girl born of Vishwamitra and Menaka.
Similarly when smitten by love for Urvashi Pururava says , ” My state is like that of a donkey following the female even after repeatedly being kicked and turned around and made fool off, donkey religiously follows the other one for a mate”.
When Shantanu meets YojanaGandha and is totally shaken by her beauty , he repeatedly thinks why is it that his steadfast mind wandering towards her beauty and captivating body fragrance that spread to a 8 miles in periphery .Why is it that very thought of foregoing her is causing one’s soul to leave the body dead. why is it he unable to stick to Dharma and uphold the right of the Devavrata to the throne. Shantanu was a yogi of highest kind , he had the power to die at will , He was the only blessed Man on the earth to have a wife from Devaloka retaining Devata body , all others had to forego deva body and acquire human body.
Shantanu had controlled his mind but his inabilty [ As Srikrishna says in Geetha ” I am the desire in the humans “] was sensed by his Son devavrata and he took a vow of celibacy and became BHEESHMA .