Time between Sunrise to another sunrise is known as Savan DAY. Time taken by sun to complete one degree of zodiac is known as solar day- saur dina. Time taken between one star rise to another is known as Nakshatra dina. Time taken to complete one tithi is known as Lunar day-Chandra dina.
We have heard many a times people spreading rumours about dooms day. Many a fake self styled gurus have declared their own philosophy of end of world. Sometimes people have taken off from office under the pretext world would end the very day.All this is out of ignorance. Ignorance breeds fear .\knowledge brings happiness.
So ,when will be the dooms day? According to Jyotish Shastra , a day is a savan day. There are 365/15/30/22/30 days in a solar year. A savan year is 360 days only. Such 360 days constitute one day for the Devatas in Swarga.
hence 360X360=1 Devamana Year;
- 1000 such devmana years is the span of kaliyuga;
- 2000 years (devamana) is Dwapara yuga;
- 3000 years make Tretayuga ;
- 4000 years make Kritayuga;
each yuga has a sandhi period.As one yuga ends abrubtly another yuga does not take over . There is smooth transition of yuga effects from one to another through transition period(sandhi) of 1/10 th of each yuga. ie kaliyuga is preceded and succeded by 1/10th of 1000 years ie 100 years before and after kaliyuga. similarly dwapar is preceded by 200 years etc.
- kritayuga is 4800 years = 4800X360 =1728000 human years.
- Tretayuga is 3600 years = 3600X360 =1296000 human years.
- Dwapara is 2400years = 2400X360 = 864000 human years.
- Kaliyuga is 1200 years = 1200X360 = 432000 human years.
- One Mahayuga is the cycle of four yugas 12000X360 = 4320000 human years .
- 1000 + 1000 mahayugas equals a day and a night for Bramha in BramhaLoka.
- There are 14 Manus in one Bramha day .
- Each Manu lives for 308571428.57142857142857142857143 human years. This is known as Manvantara. There is a mini pralaya ( involving Swarga bhuvarloka and Bhuloka- BhurBhuvaSwa) in 308571428 . 57142857142857142857143 years .
This pralaya can be called as doomsday for humans on earth and heaven. But this is not the dooms day for the Universe.
Universe ends after BRAMHA COMPLETES 100 YEARS . ie
2000X 4320000X360 X100 = 311040000000000 human years .
of which BRAMHA has completed 50 years , in his fifty first year he is in his first day , completed 13 ghatikas ,42 palas.
we have still half way to go for a dooms day. In his morning of next half , we have completed 6 Manvantaras ,This is seventh VAIVASVATA MANVANTARA .OF SEVENTY ONE MAHAYUGAS WE HAVE COMPLETED TWENTY SEVEN MAHAYUGAS AND IN TWENTYEIGTH , WE HAVE FINISHED KRITA-TRETA-DWAPARA AND IN KALIYUGA WE HAVE COMPLETED 5109 YEARS OUT OF 432000 YEARS. WE STILL HAVE 426891 YEARS TO GO BEFORE THIS KALIYUGA ENDS.