Om haam Hayagreevay Namah
Did Rayaru ever ask for Navarathna Ratha, gold kavachas etc.??? Why can’t these money be spent on vidya paatashala students who can’t spend money, people struggling for money, several people struggling without house, food and so many to count.
Till now, every year I used to save some money every month and will give it for Rayar mutt during Rayar aaradhana… Last year I realized that why should I give to mutt which has everything. I could rather give some bed sheet, umbrella, mat, dress and such basic needs to people living on streets during aaradhana by thinking am doing a seva by Rayar anugraha… This is what I thought. Why is this not done by many Acharya?
1. NAVARATNA rath will give opportunity for numerous people do SEVA, RATHOTSAVA Seva of RAYARU. ROI will there … so it’s a good decision …
2. If we pull RAYAR RATHA , RAYARU will pull and make easy our JEEVAN RATHA
3. If one gives bed sheet food to a street side person , only that person gets satisfied but if one gives dana to the satisfaction of a BRAMHIN [ a learned BRAMHIN ] , if he is satisfied all the DEAVTAS gets satisfied . If he is completely satisfied and gives you boon, then The LORD within him being completely pleased makes those words true.
4. Giving your money to RAYARU and objects that serve RAYARU comes back to you manifolds. It also destroys sins..
So, donating for such activities like Rathotsava is more fruitful than donating to street side urchins.
Lord should always be given first priority in whatever act we undertake and then the prasada should be given to people outside. One should not shun the seva of Lord putting beggar at a higher pedestal.
In front of Rayaru we are the needy. Parent child relationship .. He is not benefitted. We are the beneficiaries of dana..
Question: Is it not that, the seva should be done only to help the needy and we should not expect any returns. Then, why should we even think that we are giving something to Rayar Ratha and pulling it will be great as Rayaru will pull our Jeevan ratha? So, it means that one is giving that dana with expectation. So how does it become fruitful?
Answer: Poverty is the factor that leads these people to do Shastra patha else everyone will do Engineering, Medicine course etc. So, they being in poverty is not a situation, it’s a compulsion of their own prarabdha. Let’s take up a case study.
Case Study :
Are we making optimum use of money we have ? Is giving to the poor an optimum use or donating to RAYARU optimum ? Beware, making this decision is not about expectation in return.
While giving it to Rayaru or KrishnarpaNa does not mean that nothing will come back [ just because we have not expected ] , it would still give its effect . So is the case with poor or orphans .
Why have they become Orphans?
Because they have tried to separate people previously , they have done sins. So, helping a sinful entity only augments sins not punya . Man born out of sin spreads sins , sponsoring him makes “YOU” part of sin.
While donating to Brahmana , reduces your own sins, sponsoring him makes way for more Punya Karya. Rayaru being the highest Brahmana, giving it to RAYARU makes it MORE useful.
Personal Experience of Acharya Chiraan–
In my twenties I had good opportunity of visiting mutts daily and spending lots of time with mutt workers.
While spending time with workers [ archakas , managers , cooks , other small time workers all Brahmanas ], the only tone I would listen to was that of being oppressed, low payscale , no life of their own , no recreation , no modern amenities , a stale life , no support from management and an abusive atmosphere. Management is prospering day by day ! This view point gets bombarded and one feels pity. “Mohavash”. I had also implemented some schemes which I discontinued later .
In the earlier days , I had taken for granted that what these people are facing is indeed not correct but I was negated strongly by some forceful events .
So, in the initial days , wherever I was living , medical bills of workers were paid from my company. I was initiating my local friends who were very rich to conduct homa , festivities in mutt so that archakas would get lot of money [ like into tens of thousands , at that time, the pay of archaka was Rs 3000 only ] . Functions of workers were sponsored. Also, in mutts where there is no frequent activity , there was a corpus fund established to give archaka an additional salary from the company .
Initially I was praised , people flocked for their smaller needs and things were in good mood . So far so good but then two groups bifurcated in mutt . One a group of beneficiaries and other Non-
beneficiaries. So, restrictions/ impediments started to occur in the homa / japa affairs that were being conducted in the mutts . Some people objected saying mutt has become a commercial entity ..
[ when the issue was forced that HOMA havan japa are integral part of our culture and MUTT should be the place where it should be carried out ] … the real issue was put forth .. Why only archakas be benefitted? Archakas fearing loss of job or transfer offered to share his dakshina with all the members’ equally.
Impediments like not allowing archaka to do japa , overburdening him with work on the day of homa , so that yejamana may get irritated at not getting proper ” service ” for the money being paid Such impediments stopped once sharing concept evolved but in the whole process people of other mutts propagated that even Chiraan gets his share by recommending such poojas in the mutt .This was too much .
As the commercialization increased , the actual RESULTS never came to the person getting these homas and slowly it became a simple monotonous act rather than a remedy.
One day some demands came like , restructuring of entire organs to a worker , which costed a huge amount. Why restructuring/ plastic surgery? because he felt currently due to disfigurement he was not acceptable as purohit else he would do that and earn more.
In ecstasy [ around the same time an eminent pandit and sadhaka was being harassed regularly in mutt too. So, I offered him an alternate employment which he accepted , but it never materialized . Calamity after calamity struck . ]. Even such simple offer it did not materialize. I asked an astrologer as to why this is happening ?
Astrologer, a great RAYAR bhakta and great pandit said , these are worthless people [ otherwise in practical world ] owing to Rayaru [ and management ], they have got a life where they can follow their Varnashrama dharma , and have roof , food and upon that do daily Rayara seva leading to better spiritual future, knowingly and unknowingly. These people have forgotten their yogyata and have started dreaming for more. Now that you have stepped in, you are taking them away from Rayara seva and by giving them alternate employment they will in fact be sinning which is not the wish of Rayaru, but given their thinking its better they remain as they are. It’s Rayaru’s wish too.
From that day after that prashna I stopped giving an ear to problems [ especially one regarding poor lifestyle ] and also stopped sponsoring.
A person earning 3000 even after getting 70000 a month was never happy , in fact he started behaving wayward by actually doing abhisheka to RAYARU chewing pan paraag
Moral : So, donating to Rayaru for Navarathna ratha , doing sarva seva , kavach mahotsava fetches more punya rather than doing samaaj seva / social service.
Why and How!!!?
People rush to Mantralayam , for many problems . One with money will do Navarathna seva and in return , he will get more punya and his problems will get solved. Such sevas will give more money to organizations and they will expand meaning, more employment to Bramahnas, more salaries , more mutts more vibrancy. More people in trouble will get punya and relief. Will this recurring effect come if done any other way ?
Rayaru is the King Gururaaja. More taxes one will pay to a benevolent King , more conducive atmosphere / environment King will be able to create for us. Rayaru is most benevolent king, paying our taxes to him will only benefit, even for orphans and beggars in the kingdoms.
So, what is the work of a King? To look after poor and underprivileged. We need not burden ourselves with that work . We must pay our taxes properly.
A man is poor or hungry owing to his own “karma”. Why should other person be apologetic about it ! [ DO NOT have a doubt that JUSTICE is not delivered here ] . MADHWACHARYA says NOT a drop of water or grain does the HARIDWESHi deserves
– Raayaru is venture capitalist par excellence for all saatvik entrepreneurs.
– Many artisans would have been in penury but for construction of rathas and temples. Many skills in India were lost for want of support.
– Giving daana to a Vedavid dwija who is well off is always infinite times greater. The purpose of dana is to give your sins to him. The person whom sins don’t touch , [ when sins come in their contact it burns to ashes due to power of sadhana ] so by giving him sins through daana one gets rid of one’s own sin ..[ so by taking daana one does upakara a favour ] non dwijas do not have punya [ that is the reason they are born non dwija ] that punya which can destroy others sins neither their sadhana creates such punya excess to be given to somebody. They will further get bogged down by sins and their life will become hell so giving daana is like killing that person or burdening that person with more miseries
– Daana is like donating hiv infected blood [Should the blood be donated to a patient who is in need of blood or to a healthy healer who can cleanse the blood ]
The donor has forgotten that it is he who is actually infected but out of mada of donating he is feeling I am donating blood … so why give to healthy man why not to a patient .. [ but donor is unaware that he himself is patient ]
Personal experience from Members:
• All this has been only possible only because of the grace that Rayaru had tried to shower and nothing else. For the last few years, whenever I had wanted to donate anything for
• Rayaru, I have always found that money had come to me from unexpected sources back – again he wanted to re-iterate that whatever we are giving to him is what he has in the first place given to us, which we use to satisfy all our loukika desires and then out of the remaining, we seem to think that we are donating to him back…. This is the lesson that I always take each time that I try to do some small donation as his seva consistently without fail.
• Whoever you serve, you will get a portion of their paapa punya. So if we serve Vishnu dweshi we will get their karma. This is what my personal experience. I got into deep unimaginable trouble when I gave food to beggars outside a temple. If you serve rayaru, you will get only punya of an aparokshi whose karma is paramaatma abhimaani, will get us closer to Paramaatma and help in moksha sudha.
Rayaru Seva is the best, a person can do. This does not mean that one should not donate to poor.
You must get some work from the poor and donate. One must give daily as per his capacity , once income is for others as well. So, why be judgmental , decide whether you want to give or not ? if yes , engage them in some work and pay them.
Rayaru Seva is the best service one can do for humanity. Do this first, the rest follows!!
Note : For list of Sevas’, do not forget to check the below link: