If sun or mars are second lord aspected by Jupiter or Venus in vishesha amshas one becomes adept at TARKA shastra . when not in vishesha amshas , people usually dabble in computer programming .
Similarly Jupiter or Venus as second lord aspected by sun or mars in mooltrikona or own house gives one mastery in TARKA shastra .
Given the large number of people working in the IT industry , it has to be concluded that combination of Jupiter ,Venus with either sun or mars gives indulgence with computers .
I consider computer science as pure logic . Its enumeration and developments follow the usual theorems in TARKA shastra . In fact TARKA shastra elaborates even better models then what is currently available in the raw field of Computing .
One of the interesting fields in the realm of Computer vision is ” Virtual reality ” . Virtual reality is slowly gripping the society although its current applications is limited to games and war simulation , This fascinating world of Virtual Reality ultimately triggers a greater debate on philosophy and especially Vedanta as practiced in INDIA .
Let us first understand the term Virtual Reality . Virtual and reality are mutually contradicting terms . What is virtual cannot be real and what is Real cannot be attributed Virtuality . But computers boast pf achieving the marriage between Virtual and real . How ?
In the the field of simulation , all the real world objects can be simulated onto a software driven platform [ platform can be video , laser ,or 3 D models ]. With a specialised glasses , user experience can be enhanced to give rich feeling of Virtual world as seen through gasses .Or alternatively User can be seated in an auditorium with a giant screens and acoustics surrounding him ,transporting him into a virtual world .
- This world is simulated
- Objected in this world are created through software
- They follow the algorithms of the software in their behaviour and interaction
- The software assumes certain mathematical models depicting human behaviour .
- The whole world inside the podium [ video , auditorium etc ] are interactive and event driven .
- Your own self can be simulated through what is popularly known today as *Avatar*
- This avatar of yours can trigger live feeds[ drive events , initiate interaction ] through sensors attached to your fingers , limbs and other body parts .
- With binoculars on your eyes , and sensors to limbs your avatar can be seen by you and controlled by you in the Virtual World .
- Your avatar acts as you say , as move and feel to interact with the virtual surroundings of the simulation .
- Slowly as the simulation progresses , you become a part of it
- You get engrossed into it .
- You get identified attached to your avatar /
- The life led by avatar , is the virtual life that you lead
- The happiness and unhappiness of avatar is what you experience as emotions while viewing the avatar interact .
- As your involvement increases , you mistake the whole process and experience as a Reality
- Your involvement is more if you are not allowed to blink .momentary blinking may give self consciousness .
- In a movie theatre people get engrossed by identifying with a character , here your own self is character ,so involvement is more almost inseparable .
- When Identities merge
Now The philosophy :
Advaita Vedanta [ By Sankara and others]
- The avatar is not real .
- The experiences are false
- As the game is over [ ie as you come out of the auditorium , or remove your glasses ,binoculars etc ] , you have gained nothing or lost nothing . C’ mon it was just a game .
- The experience of happiness and unhappiness was owing to your excessive attachment to the avatar .
- As long as you felt the avatar as your real self and not mere body , you have feeling of happiness and unhappiness , the moment your mind is conscious that your self is not the avatar , its just a simulation , you cease to identify with it and happenings of pleasure and pain of the character are no longer bother you .
- So leave attachment by conscious practice of the knowledge that it was Virtual and not Real .
- Such complete consciousness of the fact that this is not real saves you from misery .
Dvaita Vedanta .[ By Madhvacharya and Sri Raghavendra swamy]
- Avatar is manifestation and real
- The experiences are a reality and truth
- As the game is over, the lesson learnt and memories of experiences are still real . It was just not a game , there was a higher purport in the formulation of the game .
- Though the experience was owing to the attachment of self to the avatar [ dehabhimana] , yet the happiness and unhappiness owing to pain and pleasure of the avatar was real and experienced by the self .
- Though the knowledge of self being different from the body [ avatar ] helps in mitigating the pain to some extent yet it does not relieve one from the experiences of pain and pleasure as long as the game continues . If without the master’s blessing such a state is not possible because the show goes on and we are a part of it willingly or unwillingly , so better to gain master blessings to gain pleasure and equanimous leading of life by avatar . mere liberation from the attachment to pain and pleasure does not gives an understanding of purport of the game/show. One cannot live a vegetable life by being indifferent to pleasure and pain , without purpose .
- Goal is not defined or gained by the knowledge that it was Virtual and not real , But by accepting it as real and different from self , happiness is achieved in the form of grace of MASTER running the show.
- Accepting it as virtual may relieve temporarily from the misery of avatar , but gives rise to misery of wasting time into the virtual world without knowing the purport . BY ignoring the presence of MASTER and his designs we are self and its purpose and end up in destruction of self . on the contrary by accepting the reality and the designs of nature [ software simulations] and its creator is known and an relationship unfolds with the Creator and his purpose. Thus a new beginning of self awareness is achieved.